– Visits goa once again…tans once again…the only person in the history of the world to tan while it is raining…!!! Dont ask me how…but i look burnt! and yes i did use SPF 60
– She who associates goa with relaxation learnt otherwise. Cute baby R is now a nine month Hurricane baby R…oh yes he is still a coochie moochie soochie coo…but he kept us on our toes…considering he can’t walk yet, it’s amazing he can get u so tired…but then he holds out his hand to come to you and smiles with his six teeth and u can “kind of” understand why people do this baby business
but until we become part of this baby business…NO holidays with babies…they are tiring!!!
The good part is a non relaxing long weekend makes it easier to get back to the slave drivers aka money providers.
– Falls ill in goa…Sob Sob…comes to work ill…no sympathy shown by slave drivers…*must have baby and go on maternity leave just to serve them right*
– did i mention the slave drivers have been creating havoc in the Nut’s yoga world…it’s been ages since she was “allowed” to leave for the same…Hmmmmphhhhh…
– Reads an awesome book – museum of innocence- must remember to review it
– must must renew passport….why mention it here…my blog so why not
So The Tall One and the Nut were in Goa for 4 days- and boy is that a fun place! These are my findings in Goa: (p.s. it was my birthday on the 14th)
1. The nut who becomes week in the knees at the sight of chocolate – she actually gave up on the chocolate cakes and gorged on cheese cakes…Yumm yummm mister cheese cake…(drool drool)
2. The nut is growing up – she who usually waits for her birthday and drives the Tall One crazy about gifts and the pressure of organizing a perfect birthday voluntarily told the Tall One that Goa was her birthday gift. There was no birthday plan – just chill out plan! Yes of course the Tall One had to be a slave nice to her – there was to be no criticism, no requests made, just a constant reiteration of the beauty and the goodness of the Nut.
3. Now the Nut is very famous for how quickly and how well she tans. If she so much as smiles at the sun – she tans…Grrrr! So the Nut lives in fear of Goa – where the last time she visited her hair and her face converged and she was the butt of a lot of roasted/burnt Nut jokes. So this time the Nut used SPF 50 like it was a part of her clothing and on her way back from the beach bought curd and had a bath with it…it worked! She tanned into a nice golden colour…Ha! ..Sun this one is for u…! So on the last day there was to be no beach visit – just a visit to Aguada fort – so no curd required. End of Day Nut is back in Bombay and her hair and face are the same colour. Learning: You can’t win with the Sun!
4. Punjabis are the most enthusiastic people – but can only dance to Bhangra and Sing is King variety songs (pls forgive me punjus) …so the rest of India who comes to Goan Shacks with the hope of hearing good english music and goan songs need to listen to “bhangra” on V-day to allow energy levels to sustain. The DJ was smart and started off on Bhangra, allowed them to get fully engrossed in the dancing music and then shifted to Goan music and romantic ballads – so they just continued to dance…Learning: DJ’s are smart, No one can match Punjabi enthusiasm and i love Goan Music.
5. The Nut is a chicken and didn’t sing at the karaoke though she really wanted to …How stupid of her!
6. You don’t need a plan- saying no to the millions of offers for tattoos, water sports, boat rides etc is not wrong and not wanting to do anything but bask in the sun at one of Goa’s beaches is not a waste of a holiday – it’s probably a sign of an aging nut and Tall one…
P.s. no learning from this – but i am totally envious of the hippies in Goa…and am still trying to evolve in my head the full story of the Hippie girl from France who comes to the Friday and Saturday night bazaar’s in Goa to sell THE MOST DELICIOUS chocolate…She came from France to India 8 years ago and has been staying in Goa (Anjuna of course) for 2 years. I don’t know more about her but am totally fascinated with the hippies in Goa…must try and find out more…any one know of any books/reading material on this?