Yay!!! Miss Merry Musings has very kindly awarded me with the versatile blogger award. Thank you Merry Musing, you are very kind. I have just started reading her blog and am enjoying it, and i am so thrilled to know that she is a fellow Chalet School fan. You hardly ever find any in the world.
Thanks Merry Musing, this will help dust off the cobwebs from my blog and speak about my favourite topic…Ummm Me! Ok the rules of the award are
1. Thank the person for the award – Thank you Madame!
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself
3. Pass on the award.
So here are 7 random things about Me:
1. I am P-E-T-R-I-F-I-E-D of birds. I can handle cockroaches, rats, lizards and the like but a bird setting on my window is Na-Da. I shudder to drive away the bird even through a closed window. The cruel eyes and beaks scare the S*** out of me. I have a major “ick” factor and can’t even pick up feathers which might inadvertently fly into the house. Even While i type this i feel my fear!!
Pls note messages on how cute birds are will not be tolerated in MY SPACE…yuck imagine cute birds mentioned in my blog for posterity
2. I am clumsy on my feet. I have a tendency to fall on/twist my ankles on ummm Flat roads. I dont need heals or gaddhas on the road to assist me. I have successfully fallen down any steps i decide to descend unless I walk down the steps – like a baby – right foot first, wait for left foot, left foot arrives and then move on to the next steps.
Useless information: Earliest memory of the Tall One in B-school was him looking shocked at a very embarrassed me sliding down the steps on my bum!!!
3. I talk to myself while walking alone. I used to think of it as thinking in my head until i one day actually heard my voice speak to me. And until recently i thought a lot of people did this until the Tall one very kindly called me “weird” for wanting to go for my walk once the sun set so that people can’t make out i am talking to myself.
4. I still need to hug my teddy bear to go to sleep. Mr President is critical to my sleeping habits. The Tall one has long since learnt to accept that. Though i do see him occasionally give the little bear a nudge or a shove when he thinks i aint looking
5. I am a weird “drinker” of alcoholic beverages. I don’t get what people enjoying about drinking – but i drink myself silly every new year, feel ill and declare myself off alcohol for the rest of the year causing people to believe that i am pregnant.
No it is not the paunch which is causing that thought
6. I have the annoying habit (i am told it is annoying by the man i married) of animating everything. Every
onething has life and will be named and will talk to you in moments of distress. Case in point…Swiffy reddy who stamps her foot when ppl talk of buying a new car. Swiffy reddy is our red swift Ok dont book my place in the psychiatry word yet. I am not done. One more random fact to go.
7. As a kid if i was engrossed in a book, i took it everywhere so much so that i used to walk on the road with a nose in a book causing a concerned neighbour to complain to my mom as to how oblivious i was of the traffic. I am not telling whether i still do the same.
I pass on the award to the lovely Celestial Rays. I love her blog and usually read them unread until i can be sure there will be absolutely no interruptions from the real world. From food, to blogging about AB, to bald men to fashion – CR covers them all in style. But of course her best blogs will always be the memoirs of her father. Take it away Celestial Rays.