Di’s‘s post on turning 29 inspired this. While it’s too late for me to make lists – considering i have just about 2 months before D-day! So i have made a list of my key learnings in the past decade!
I have learnt that
1. The opposite of love is not hate but indifference. Hate is just another form of love. Indifference helps you let go of pain and hurtful memories a lot faster
2. It’s ok to make mistakes at work. As a former boss once told me, making mistakes shows that you are actually attempting to work!!! yes he used the words attempting
3. However in the rest of your life’s decisions, there are no mistakes – there are no rights/wrongs. Every step you have taken is just a step into creating the person that you are today.
4. Ambitions change – As you grow up you realize you may never be the hot shoot career professional that you aspired to be – but it won’t matter.
5. It is possible to love without having any walls or inhibitions
6. You need girl friends – enough said!
7. You will make a lot of friends – the important ones will remain
8. Your body is growing old – take care of it
9. Spend time with your loved ones so that you have no regrets
10. A lot of your problems and issues are self created – don’t complicate other’s life and your own with your insecurities. i said a lot of your problems – not all
11. I used to think that to find bliss you needed some form of external stimuli – i have learnt that you can find bliss in solitude
12. Happiness or Sadness is what you choose to be!
20’s – i wonder if you still have some lessons for me before i sign off and join the very adult world of the “30’s”?